Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Remodeled with new carpet and tile

I haven't blogged in awhile because I have been crazy busy with my girls and getting our condo ready to be put on the market. It's been quite the stressful past few weeks and I am thankful our condo is almost ready.

Our newest project on the condo was new tile and new carpet in the living room. Our dining used to have carpet in it and that doesn't work well when you have an 18 month old that loves to throw her food on the floor. I tried putting a tarp underneath her highchair but Ellie always managed to throw it far enough to miss it. She throws like her daddy. We decided to put tile in there and my dad and his friend laid it for a great price.

The living room carpet was stained and was really worn from walking on it. We replaced that also and it was just put in this morning! It looks so good. Here are some before and after photos.

Dining Room with carpet pulled. 

My Living Room with the all the stuff from the dining room in it. Ellie is in her highchair on the left and my dad, Jim, is on the right.

Doug grouting the tile.

Now everything goes in the dining room so I could rip up the carpet in the living room.

Living room with old carpet.

I pulled up the carpet by myself in 90 degree heat. It was so much work! Great workout though. My husband is very sick with an ear infection and a URI so he was at the doctor when I was pulling it up. He was mad I did it by myself but I'm stubborn and I knew the carpet guys were coming the next day.

Beautiful, new, soft carpet!

Anna playing on the floor. My parents took Ellie over night which helped me so much.

Beautiful tile in the dining room lined up against the new carpet.

You are probably wondering why we are putting money into our condo when we are planning to sell it. We felt that putting a little more money into our place would help it sell. We decided that we aren't doing anything else to it though. 

Our condo should be on the market very soon!


3 comments:

  1. Looks so awesome, Jess! I can't wait to come see it in person. You worked so hard...great job! I'll be praying that the condo sells quickly and for God's will in your home situation. Love you.
    Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing Jess! I can't believe you pulled it up by yourself - you're a rock star! I'm excited to have you living closer...hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new tiles and carpet look great, Jess! It makes sense to do a bit of remodeling in your condo, really. If it looks good, then more people will be attracted to it. Not to mention that it can increase in monetary value, due to the new stuff put in it.

    ReplyDelete