My journey to a healthy lifestyle started only 6 weeks ago. I really thought when I made the decision to become healthier, it would be easy. HA!Let me say that again...HA!! It's been a very difficult process. Let's just say that my body enjoys its lumpiness and doesn't want to change. Vigorously exercising and drastically reducing my calorie intake (a healthy calorie intake) has made my body throw a big fit, even a bigger fit when my 2 1/2 yr old throws! There are days I am so insanely sore and exhausted that it is hard to function and do normal daily activities.
I have to push through. That is what my trainers keep telling me.... "Keep going, push through." My body is changing and it will take time for it to adjust. I got myself into this mess and now with God's help, He will give me the strength to get out of it.
Down 19.2 lbs, 1.5% body fat, and 1 jean size, here I go!
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13
1. I have been watching a lot of weight loss tv lately. Funny how a few months back I used to quickly turn the channel from anything to do with weight loss because it reminded me of the situation I was in. Now that I enjoy watching these shows, I've noticed that most obese people eat one meal a day. Even the 500lb to 800lb people eat just one big meal a day. Obviously, that is really, really bad for you. I guess you have to eat throughout the day to keep your metabolism going. This is one thing I used to do. I would get busy with my kids and eat later in the day, one big meal. My metabolism just stopped working, period. Not anymore.
2. I have to work out. One reason... it makes me feel amazing. The endorphines are incredible. Second reason... helps my skin to tighten after losing the weight. Third and most important...build muscle. Muscle burns fat and eventually when I build about 10lbs of muscle (which will take me a year), I will burn 3500 calories a week sitting on the couch. No joke!
3. Fast food and high calorie food is poison. Subways an exception.
4. If I cheat, I HAVE to get back on it immediately after the screw up.
5. I have to do it for me and me only.
6. No more excuses. I remember watching an episode of The Biggest Loser and a mom who lost a massive amount of weight said, "All you moms out there, you have to do this. You owe it to yourself to wake up before your kids and work out." Well, I don't wake up before my kids. Haha! I work out at night but you get the point.
7. I need a break sometimes. Even if it's working out, it's a break from mommyland. Even though I LOVE being a mom, sometimes some time to myself helps me be an even better mama.
8. Lifestyle. I had to change my whole lifestyle.
9. I need to be a good example for my kids.
10. With God, I can do anything! Without Him, I couldn't do this!