Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Biggest Loser - Top ten things I have learned so far



1. I have been watching a lot of weight loss tv lately. Funny how a few months back I used to quickly turn the channel from anything to do with weight loss because it reminded me of the situation I was in. Now that I enjoy watching these shows, I've noticed that most obese people eat one meal a day. Even the 500lb to 800lb people eat just one big meal a day. Obviously, that is really, really bad for you. I guess you have to eat throughout the day to keep your metabolism going. This is one thing I used to do. I would get busy with my kids and eat later in the day, one big meal. My metabolism just stopped working, period. Not anymore.

2. I have to work out. One reason... it makes me feel amazing. The endorphines are incredible. Second reason... helps my skin to tighten after losing the weight. Third and most important...build muscle. Muscle burns fat and eventually when I build about 10lbs of muscle (which will take me a year), I will burn 3500 calories a week sitting on the couch. No joke!

3. Fast food and high calorie food is poison. Subways an exception.

4. If I cheat, I HAVE to get back on it immediately after the screw up.

5. I have to do it for me and me only.

6. No more excuses. I remember watching an episode of The Biggest Loser and a mom who lost a massive amount of weight said, "All you moms out there, you have to do this. You owe it to yourself to wake up before your kids and work out." Well, I don't wake up before my kids. Haha! I work out at night but you get the point.

7. I need a break sometimes. Even if it's working out, it's a break from mommyland. Even though I LOVE being a mom, sometimes some time to myself helps me be an even better mama.



8. Lifestyle. I had to change my whole lifestyle.

9. I need to be a good example for my kids.

10. With God, I can do anything! Without Him, I couldn't do this!

----------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, that is what I have learned so far. I hope I don't sound like a know-it-all because I'm not, far from it!

I have been cleared from any cardiac issues so I will be back in the gym tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

<3 Jess

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I feel totally encouraged to go to the gym today!

    ReplyDelete