Friday, May 6, 2011

Wife, Mother, Crazy Woman (The Power of Loss of Sleep)

I woke up today with a clear head and restful body. I got 8 hours of straight sleep the night before. Actually, I have gotten three straight days of 8 hours sleep each. It feels wonderful, as if the sun is shining brighter and life isn't has hard has it has seemed.

Annabelle, my sweet baby, has had several periods in her 13 months of life where she has slept through the night and then long periods where I am up with her several times. The recent episode (2 months long) of getting up with her was having fluid in her ears (which is now recently gone from the tubes), a cold with fever, and her teething with 4 molars coming in. 

When midnight, 3am, and 7am came, I was up with her. I was feeling like it was never going to end, that the nights would go on forever and my life would never be normal again. I was exhausted during the day and honestly, in "survival mode." Also, dealing with Ellie's GI issues was setting me over the edge.

I seem to forget that God was there by my side. He called me to care for these sweet girls and he wasn't going leave me hangin'. I prayed in desperation for sleep to God. I knew if I got descent sleep, I would feel incredibly better emotionally and physically.
Well, as always, He came through. Many a times, I feel God won't get my through, and He does. He proves me wrong every time.

Do not forget, dear friends, He is by your side as well.

"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13








No comments:

Post a Comment