Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Purpose as a Mom


I threw myself on my bed last night in pure exhaustion. It was the first time I had rested all day. It was one of those "crazy mommy days" when you seem to be going and going all day and all of a sudden it's 10pm. I was tired and to be honest, a little down and emotional. So I started to think. I thought, "You know, I go and go and go and I have nothing to show for it. If I clean the house, it just gets messy again. If I discipline my child, she just hits her sister again. What is the purpose of all this?

After a few moments of incredible selfishness, one word came to my mind...


 Serve


My purpose is to serve, plain and simple...to serve my husband and to serve my children. My job is to raise my children for the Lord. That is quite a huge purpose, if you ask me. So even if the house gets messy again and my daughter is acting up, I know that being a mother isn't for nothing. It's something that honors God and sets a foundation for my children for life.


3 John 1:4
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

















3 comments:

  1. Love it Jess. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great post! Thank you for the reminder Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfectly written. Plain and simple...and honest. Love it and love you!
    em

    ReplyDelete