Becoming a mom was one of the most life changing experiences of my life. It has changed me deeply, for the better. Don’t get me wrong, the beginning was very hard and a lot like boot camp, but it was worth every moment.
There are so many books out there to prepare you for motherhood. A well know one is “What To Expect When You Are Expecting.” It’s a great book, but it didn’t prepare me for the pressure I have felt as a mom. Here are some topics I hear debates about with other moms:
- Breastfeeding or Bottle Feeding
- Organic or Non-Organic
- Immunize or Non-Immunizing
- Natural Birth or Medicated Birth
- Child Directive Parenting or Parent Directive Parenting
- Clothe Diapers or Disposable Diapers
- Antibiotics or No Antibiotics
- Pediatrician or Natural Path
- Organic Clothing or Regular Clothing
- TV or No TV
- Co-Sleeping or Crib Sleeping
- Crying It Out Method or Not Crying It Out
- Discipline Strictly or Disciplining In Between
Just a few topics, right? Haha! I’m a brand new mom and I don’t have a clue what I am doing most of the time, but all these topics have challenged me to be MY girl's mother. Does that make sense?
There is nothing wrong with being passionate about an issue (I'm passionate about many issues), but when some pass judgement, that is where I have felt pressure to be "super mama." And I am not "super mama"... I'm very far from it.
Let God guide us and let us encourage one another. So... mommy's out there, let’s support each other.